Frequently Asked Questions

For answers to questions that are not listed below, contact our Camp staff via email or call 608.254.2502 ext. 191 or dial 0 to leave a message.

Any person with a medical diagnosis that involves cognitive or physical delay, autism spectrum disorders, traumatic brain injuries, and/or multiple diagnoses including any of these. As long as a camper is within the age requirements for a particular session, and is registering for the camp that best fits their needs, that is the only requirement.

Please see how Camp descriptions. If you need additional help finding which camp best fits your camper’s needs, please contact our Camp Administrative Assistant at 608.254.2502 ext. 191 or dial 0 to leave a message.

Our camps are located on the outskirts of Wisconsin Dells. For a map to our camps, visit our camp page and find the Locations section.

Campers must be at least age 7 to attend Camp Wawbeek, and at least age 3 to attend Respite Camp. Campers can attend camp well into older adulthood, as long as their doctor feels they are healthy enough for camp.

Yes! Both Camp Wawbeek and Respite Camp offer weekend programs during the non-summer months. Please see our Session Calendars for dates and details.

We view our “Camp Year” as September 1-August 31, like a school year with our summer sessions at the end. We will begin registering for earliest sessions first. Summer sessions will not be registered until after January 1. Get started on registration today!

Please visit the Session Calendars page and scroll to the bottom to see the most up-to-date camp fees.

There are several options available if you are unable to afford the camp fee:

1) To pay down your fee in monthly installments, please contact the Easterseals Wisconsin Billing Department by email or phone at: 608.237.1372.

2) If you receive funding from programs like IRIS, CLTS Waiver, Disability Services, Family Care, Family Support Programs, or other programs of this nature, you can use your funding for camp. It is VERY important that camp is included in your plan, and/or authorized by your caseworker prior to the session you would like to attend. Please be in touch with your case worker and our Madison office if you have ANY questions.

3). You can ask local Service Clubs/Organizations to assist with your camp payment. Organizations like Elks, Kiwanis, Lions, Optimists, Rotary, Knights of Columbus, etc. are often willing to help fund a portion of your camp experience – that is what they do, provide service to their communities! You must be the one to initiate contact with these organizations, but if you need help we can provide sample letters from our Madison office to get started.

There is always an RN on camp while camp is in session. Depending on the session size and acuity (medical needs of the campers), there may be more nurses on-site to adequately care for all of our campers.

Yes, we are happy to make accommodations for g-tube feedings. Please be sure to send all needed supplies and supplements for the length of the session, and be sure to pass along all information on intake amounts, times, trouble shooting (when needed, especially if an electric pump is involved), and any other information the nurse and camp counselors will need to know to be sure your camper is best cared for.

We are unable to accommodate campers who have ventilators.

Yes, our camps typically have gluten-free breads, pastas, and other baked treats available. Our kitchen staff is happy to make accommodations to menus, and we are happy to incorporate things you send from home into your camper’s mealtimes. A menu is sent the week before a camp session to all campers registered so you are aware ahead of time.

Yes, you can bring your own food and snacks to camp. If your camper has allergies or is a picky eater, we encourage sending things they will eat. A menu is sent the week before each camp session, and you are welcome and encouraged to send alternatives and/or supplement the meal so that your camper will be eating well.

That is not a service that Easterseals Wisconsin Camps provides at this time. All of our respite care is provided at our camps in Wisconsin Dells.

Campers need to have two Measles Vaccinations on Record (WIR) to be cleared for attendance OR a Measles titer indicating that they are immune.

Campers who have only received one dosage of the vaccine should be boostered two weeks before attending camp for vaccine effectiveness.

If the camper has not vaccinated in the past, but received their first dose a minimum of 2 weeks before camp and a maximum of 6 months prior to camp, they are considered immune at this time. If the initial dose is older than 6 months, campers will need a second vaccination or titer before attending camp.

Varicella and Tetanus are encouraged for attendance, but not required at this time.

If there would be a more localized concern, the health department may require proof of vaccination for attendance, in this case, parents and caregivers will be notified.

Please see our Camp Registration page for information pertaining to additional vaccination information and the COVID-19 vaccination plan.