Cooking with Terri! The BEST Banana Nut Bread
We always look forward to Terri’s baking and she’s back at it again. Her desserts are always a treat at camp, and in this newsletter she’s sharing THE BEST banana nut bread recipe! And those overripe bananas sitting on your counter begging to be used will help make this bread so deliciously moist. Yum!
For the bread:
• 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon banana extract (optional)
• 1-¾ cup all-purpose flour
• 2-¾ teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1-½ teaspoons cinnamon
• ½ cup chopped walnuts
For the (optional) Streusel Topping:
• 1/4 cup flour
• 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray loaf baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, butter, sugar, and extract.
4. Mix thoroughly, then add dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Mix until combined then stir in chopped walnuts.
6. Pour batter into baking dish.
Make streusel topping:
7. Combine flour, butter, and sugar until crumbly.
8. Sprinkle on top of batter.
9. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
10. Allow to cool before slicing.